Can you identify the different herb garden design themes? For new gardeners this idea is very difficult to understand. Let this article guide you in creating a stunning herb garden design that is simple for any beginner, yet has a formal look that is aesthetically pleasing.
Here are the top 5 things that you should keep in mind when designing your herb garden to make sure that it looks exquisite:
1. Depending on the preferences of designers garden designs may vary. Your herb garden design would largely depend on your preferences, needs and tastes. In Europe and other countries of the world, there are new gardeners who hire the services of many gardening experts to design their gardens in the backyard, windowsills, or anywhere in the house.
2. The purpose and functionality of the design is very important so that the designer can let his creative juices flow during the design process. The designer may be very creative but that is not enough to create a superb garden. The designer must also consider how the garden will be used beforehand and plan accordingly. This means knowledge in gardening is very vital for a very successful garden design.
3. For basic garden themes, you should identify the proper use of plants, colors, and even in aromas of the herbs. Typically, some herb plants are chosen depending on the themes selected by modern herb planters. For example, you can group herbs that share a specific color, while placing aromatic herbs in a different area or you can fill a section of your garden with Italian herbs such as parsley, rosemary, basil and oregano. These are just some ideas to get you started.
4. If you prefer to design your garden in a formal way, you can use geometric designs like squares or circles. In a formal garden design, the herbs’ colors are properly selected; are arranged by height; and has a good symmetrical design. Good examples of formal design gardens are Knot gardens and Spiral herbs.
5. There is also the so-called Container Herb Garden Design. This garden is made up of different plants placed or planted in containers. Container gardening is considered as a good alternative for gardening in small areas. This design allows for more flexibility, as you can group them nicely and move them as needed.
Let your creativity shine through, and have fun making your garden a magical place!